Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Kelsey: I want to be in America

I am loving america right now. And this song just came on while I was watching West Side Story.

The lyrics are hilarious.






ANITA
Puerto Rico
My heart's devotion
Let it sink back in the ocean
Always the hurricanes blowing
Always the population growing
And the money owing
And the sunlight streaming
And the natives steaming
I like the island Manhattan
Smoke on your pipe
And put that in!

OTHERS
I like to be in America!
O.K. by me in America!
Ev'rything free in America
For a small fee in America!

ROSALIA
I like the city of San Juan.

ANITA
I know a boat you can get on.

ROSALIA
Hundreds of flowers
in full bloom.

ANITA
Hundreds of people
in each room!

ALL
Automobile in America,
Chromium steel in America,
Wire-spoke wheel in America,
Very big deal in America!

ROSALIA
I'll drive a Buick
through San Juan.

ANITA
If there's a road you
can drive on.

ROSALIA
I'll give my
cousins a free
ride.

ANITA
How you get all of
them inside?

ALL
Immigrant goes to America,
Many hellos in America;
Nobody knows in America
Puerto Rico's in America!

ROSALIA
I'll bring a T.V. to San Juan.

ANITA
If there a current to turn on!

ROSALIA
I'll give them new
washing machine.

ANITA
What have they got
there to keep clean?

ALL
I like the shores of America!
Comfort is yours in America!
Knobs on the doors in America,
Wall-to-wall
floors in America!

ROSALIA
When I will go back
to San Juan.

ANITA
When you will shut up
and get gone?

ROSALIA
Everyone there will
give big cheer!

ANITA
Everyone there will
have moved here!

No comments:

Post a Comment