Thursday, June 16, 2011

Stop peeing on me

This child will not stop peeing on me. Its becoming a problem.

Baby Alisha

People in Uganda  generally believe that diapers are not good for a baby. Plus disposable diapers are crazy expensive and wasteful so almost no one uses them. Baby pee is treated like something other than urine. If you get baby pee on you it is no big deal. You just wait and let it dry. If anyone here got adult pee on them they would immediately wash themselves and their clothes. But baby pee is like water for some reason.

Getting her third bath of the day
I first discovered this through my friend Amanda. She came to school one day and reported that when the babies peed on the couch or on the floor it was just left to evaporate. This was/is confusing because Ugandans are like the cleanest people on the entire earth. People take at least two baths a day and the floors are all mopped 2 or 3 times per day. I mean in America I mopped my floor twice all year. And I generally shower like every 2 or 3 days. Anyway baby pee. Its hard to get used to. The first time a baby peed on me I was in the mountains and I immediately handed the baby back and changed my clothes. People stared at me like I was crazy.

This is evil laughter. She is thinking about how many times she peed on me today.


Yeah you better run!
Maybe I should start taking more than 2 baths a week...

- Kels

5 comments:

  1. hahahahaha. so funny. and gross.

    -Sar

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha Yes I do remember the babies at my house peeing on the couch and everyone just waiting for it to dry... Good times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would sorta take the fun out of holding babies. Maybe if you wear an apron that is made out of cloth diaper material with a rubber backing that would help. I think this is a new invention. We could work on developing it if you think it would catch on. Then you wouldn't have to worry about getting a job. Sarah, you could get in on this too and then you'd have the job thing taken care of too. Consider it you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want you to know that I shared this post with a friend of mine who is expecting and debating cloth vs. disposable diapers, and suggested that she try this approach. I'm sure my helpful input was greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha well this should definitely be helpful! Just tell her to carry around a rag. No need for diapers at all!

    - Kels

    ReplyDelete