Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Thank you Tensentric!!!

I'm back!

Wedding planning is over! Guests have gone home (sad) and thank you notes are being written. I loved my wedding and I am so glad that I never have to plan a wedding again. It is just not my kind of thing.

 While writing thank you notes I remembered that Denis and I have a big thank you that is long overdue! One that has nothing to do with our wedding. But our wedding distracted me from posting about it until now. Last November we received a gigantic check from Tensentric, the awesome company that my sister Sara works for! All the employees chipped in money and then the company matched it to give us this huge donation.


Literally a gigantic check. 

I was not exaggerating. They also gathered boxes full of goodies which they were going to send as a care package but then it turned out they gathered too much stuff to send! What a fun problem. So they presented it to us when we visited Colorado. We were sent home with bags of toys for kids in our neighborhood and tons of chocolate and condiments! Love!

We were blown away by the generosity of people who we had not even met yet! And I was heart warmed to know that my sister is working for such a great company. When Denis went back to Uganda in February he took two extra bags of goodies for people in Mpumudde to enjoy. With the money we were able to pay for two neighborhood children to go to the best schools in Jinja for the entire year! These kids were attending a local school which cost $15 a semester and they were horribly behind. We felt that the school did not really care about their education, they are 13 and 14 and neither can read! We have been wondering what to do with these kids for a while and we were able to send them to the best school in the area where they can get some individual tutoring. We also contributed some money to the local hospital where I had been volunteering and encouraged the head midwife to use some of the money to start applying to Medical Schools and pursue her dream of becoming a doctor. I loved being able to give back to the person who taught me everything I know about midwifery and HIV testing.

Here are some pictures from his trip.









Baby Alisha had to test out all the toys before they could be distributed. She is so selfless. She is also styling some cute new dresses courtesy of Tensetric employees!








 The family is chilling at the hospital with a bag full of toys waiting to hand them out to sick kids. What a fun way to brighten their day!














 Denis said it was like Christmas at the hospital! The kids were super grateful for the toys and a couple days later they came back with this ADORABLE sign! And we agree, Thank you Tensentric!!!

2 comments:

  1. Kelsey - Thanks so much for the post. It was awesome and we all enjoyed it at Tensentric. We hung the thank you photo in our break room. How cute! Congratulations and best wishes to you and Denis on your marriage! -Norma from Tensentric

    ReplyDelete