Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sarah: Leap Day

Happy February 29th everyone! 

How weird is it that a single day exists only once every four years? Personally, I think it's really strange. Who decided this was necessary?

A little research tells me it was Julius Caesar. What the heck, Julius?

Leap day is special to me. Four years ago today, my husband asked me, "Would you be interested in having a boyfriend?" I answered yes. Then we went on our first date, to Meijer, to get shampoo. So romantic.

This is the first time in four years we've been able to actually celebrate our official dating anniversary!

1 comment:

  1. being kind of nerdy, we need leap day. what happens every year is that we actually have 365 and 1/4 days in the year. So every four years we catch up to where we really are. (instead of trying to figure out how to have a 1/4 day...) Usually we run a bit behind...this will be an on time year. :)

    ReplyDelete