Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sarah: Looking Forward

I've never really made New Year's resolutions before mostly out of laziness & the fear of disappointing myself if I failed to reach my goals. But I like the idea of resolutions. Reflecting on our lives, deciding what needs changed & tweaked,  & deciding what the best course of action will be to make those things happen.

So this is the first year that I am making goals for the new year. And as you can see from my list, most of my goals are character building not necessarily "things to do". Without further ado, here are the things I want to accomplish this year:

-Begin to live my life fearlessly

-Stop comparing myself to others
(I read the following quote somewhere & it has stuck with me, because it's undeniably true, "Comparison is the thief of joy.")

-Work hard for the things I want

-Develop a true sense of style

-Rise above the little things

-Cook more

Not a very long list & it might not seem very special. But these are all things that I really struggle with & want to change. I am ready for the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment